Monday, August 5, 2013

Food for the soul

Being a spiritual healer, I am aware of the tremendous impact of food on one’s physical and mental health. Hailing from Kerala, I am a non vegetarian by birth. When I married a staunch vegetarian, we made a pact. He told me never to compel him to eat non veg, in turn, he wouldn’t ask me to stop. But I shouldn’t cook non veg at home. He would take me out to restaurants to satisfy my cravings. It sounded ok to me and we have stuck to this for many decades.

Initially, every week end we used to go out and I used to have chicken, mutton or fish. As time went by and I learned Reiki, I became more aware of the vibrations each type of food was causing in my body. My body started revolting every time I took chicken or mutton. Gradually the craving itself subsided. Once in a while if I have chicken, I can feel the heat and the waves of anger that it produces in the body.

I still feel like having fish and do have it once in a week or two weeks. It seems to go well with my body constitution.

Ok, I don’t cook non vegetarian dishes at home, but routine cooking is totally my responsibility. When life used to be too busy with my college job, managing the house and two small kids, my husband told me I could keep a cook. But the thought of my kids eating food prepared by a maid was too much for me to digest and I declined the offer. Our thought waves emanate from the food we eat. A cook’s job cannot match the love and concern with which I would cook for my kids.

On moving abroad for sometime, my workload just doubled. I had to find ways and means to compress the time in kitchen by adopting shortcuts, without compromising the results. And I saw that we can do a wonderful job of culinary creations, without taking off the fun in cooking. 


In this blog I want to share my many years of cooking experience. If I can take away the aversion to cooking, and turn it around to a fun filled job for even a few people, my efforts will be amply rewarded! 

No comments:

Post a Comment